Monday, July 7, 2008

Hiatus

NOTE: This article contains satire and is not to be taken seriously.

Yeah, so my tablet had the inconvenient habit of freezing about once every 12 hours or so, so I finally got around to taking it in to be repaired at the local college tablet service, which is run by fellow students.

I explain the problem and awkwardly await a diagnosis. After a long silence, I pry into what they are doing, and they inform me that they're giving me a new hard drive and reformatting the old.

Gee. Thanks.

I took my tablet in to get the five-minute inconvenience of restarting my computer after a lock-up fixed, and their "fix" is giving me hours and hours of inconvenient program reinstallation, settings tweaking, and worrying over perhaps losing something important from the old hard drive.

Thank God I didn't have to pay for that.

1 comment: