Thursday, July 5, 2007

Was Physics Denied?

Normally, I do updates in the form of an UPDATE notice at the end of a supporting article, but since this is kind of "breaking" news, I felt that it deserved its own post.

As mentioned in a previous article, Steon has claimed to have created a perpetual motion device that allows them to create "free" energy using permanent magnets, without ever requiring fuel. However, there were some technical difficulties setting up their demonstration at the reported time, and, as of the writing of this article, it appears, at least from camera 1, that the device is stopped, though, according to this quickly-made website, it was apparently running at one point. I must wonder; why, if it runs on its own and creates energy indefinitely, would it ever be turned off (and how would they accomplish that)? In any case, I will monitor it when I get the chance, to hopefully see the thing in action. It is, after all, long past the bedtime of the London scientists at the time I am writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment