Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Midnight Rescue!

Ah, yes; the first game I ever recall playing. Midnight Rescue! was a fun game (at the time), though I had a tendency to become frustrated with its gameplay, seeing as I was too young to read at the time (about three to four years old). The game itself consists of matching up "clues" read in various rooms to pictures taken by using film on the robots that try to attack one within the Shady Glen school. It's relatively simple, and I would sometimes get lucky enough to actually beat it simply buy guessing. The game itself was made by The Learning Company, and I later played some other games of the Super Solvers series.

It's amusing to recall that, at the time, I was playing the game on an old Windows 3.1 computer, and I cannot help but grin upon going over the system requirements of this game:

  • Windows® 3.1
  • 486DX/66 MHz processor (or faster)
  • 2 MB free hard disk space
  • 4 MB RAM
  • 2x CD-ROM drive or faster
  • SVGA display and 256 colors
  • Windows®-compatible sound card
Note, though, that the above are the system requirements for the CD version (released later). The floppy version, which is what I played, only requires a maximum of 512 Kb of RAM (640 Kb on a Tandy 1000).

No comments:

Post a Comment