Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Duke Nukem

Next, I began playing Duke Nukem, a fun game whose story I never really understood during childhood, due primarily to my limited ability to read the words on the screen. For a game of its time, it is pretty impressive, with certain items being affected by laser gun blasts, ceilings one can cling to, walls that can be shattered, etc. Although I never truly played any of the later games (save for in passing), I know that I loved Duke Nukem, the original. Particularly, I had a fondness for the machines, liking how they would smoke when near destruction, and how the choppers would come crashing down when fully damaged. From what I recall, it was a relatively easy game, but still one that I can enjoy even today.

System requirements:

  • XT Computer (286Khz or higher recommended)
  • 520k of conventional memory
  • 1.2 meg of Hard Drive Space (for shareware)
  • 3.6 meg of Hard Drive Space (for registered)
If you think your computer can run it (unless you've been hibernating for the past twenty years, it can) can download it (306Kb) for free here (more).

No comments:

Post a Comment