Wednesday, November 5, 2008

See The Falls... In Fall

So I had a project in my Photoshop class that calls for us making a travel poster about a local community, using our own pictures. I'm no photographer, and, after the fact, I was very disappointed to discover that my pictures weren't nearly large enough to fill the background of a 11 by 17 inch, 150 dpi poster. As much as it hurt me to scale up an image to fit, which is a HUGE no-no, I've managed to draw attention away (thanks to darkening the background, adding saturation, and blurring the result to make it look intentional), and, I must say, the final result turned out surprisingly well. I'm fairly pleased, considering I went in with no idea what I was doing and made it in about an hour.

2 comments:

  1. It looks as appealing as your blogs. Let me guess, you also use Cliff Notes when writing reports. This contains satire, just kidding. you don't suck well, but it seems that you probably should from your cybeargay icon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, you don't appreciate adorable little illustrations of cyborg teddy bears? Monster!

    ReplyDelete