Friday, August 8, 2008

Reaping The Fruits

So although I had intended to write an article today, I instead found myself fascinated by the idea of recreating the old website header. I have used Adobe Illustrator quite extensively in the past to create landscapes (my favorite things to create), but it was only today that I decided to use my college tablet's stylus to do it. Up until now, I had only used my mouse, modifying anchor points one by one until I got what I wanted. Boy, was I missing out. Using the stylus has given me a chance to put in detail I could only have dreamed of before.

Big thanks to Adam Phillips, as his art style was a huge inspiration in my work.

Normally, I wouldn't create a post for something like this, but I am so proud of the result, I feel I just have to. Yay me!

Incidentally, there may not be a new article on Monday, though hopefully I'll figure out a good way to start an extensive step-by-step review of Mass Effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment